It’s been a long time since last update, as there is little free time left for game development for our team. Still we finally did this 0.5.5 update which is now available on Steam.
- New officers portraits with emotions. Gordon will no longer have a calm poker-face when reporting about a black hole that tears ship apart.
- Updated Steam API version. Hopefully will fix some issues with game startup.
- Fixed bug with asteroid belt event repeating endlessly
- Star systems with astro probes are now marked on starmap
We are currently working with a plot continuation, so soon we will uncover some details what players will meet in the second third of our story. Keep connected!
Previous release added some critical bugs so we had to release this unexpected patch version today.
- Fixed crash when shooting on planets
- Fixed crash when completing dialog line for any of the ship officers
- Fixed a rare crash on planet landing after loading a game
Thanks to those who reported these problems and provided saved games and logs, thus allowing us to make a quick fix!
A new version has been released on Steam. What’s new:
- 2 new side quests: “Asteroids” and “Ambush”
- New crew dialogs
- New crew weapons and humanity upgrades
- Controls improvements: WASD is now available by default, ESC closes now all in-game menus, dialog replies can be selected using keyboard
- Fixed bugs with endlessly falling meteors, with super medpacks craft and some others
Purchase our game on Steam to support development: http://store.steampowered.com/app/437890
Version 0.5.2 has been released in Steam. This update contains bug fixes and balance improvements based on Steam players reports. Thanks for those who posted bug descriptions and suggestions!
- Increased chance of Earth-like planet generation, should increase chances of establishing a colony
- Reduced geodata research points, should not be that easy to achieve Tech Singularity achievement now
- Acid rains will no longer spawn instantly. Instead they will spawn on a small area and increase in size each turn. So landing party will never be suddenly trapped in the middle of deadly rain that came out of nowhere.
- Added ‘skip turn’ button to the planetary mission gui.
- Added hotkeys for inventory and map
- Landing party weapons are no longer visible in inventory and should be selected only on landing party page. Fixed problem with weapon list being empty.
- Fixed bug with last line of dialogs and trade lists not showing.
- Fixed possible crash after escaping star system in FTL quest.
- Fixed scientists being duplicated in Quarantine quest.
- Multiple fixes of typos and minor problems.
It is finally done: our game is available on Steam.
We did a lot of work to achieve this and even more is awaiting in future. Buy our game to support further development!
This version is 0.5.1. What’s new:
- “Sentient stones” quest
- Multiple bugs fixed
- Steam achievements
As we started selling our game we will no longer publish new releases on bitbucket. However game will remain open-source, so you may download the sources and build it on your own if you know how to do that. Though it will require a bit of java expertise as the game now will not run without a steam.
In the next versions we will fix problems and make improvements based on feedback from Steam customers. And then we will finally start working on the continuation of a main story line, there are many ideas we want to put there. Stay connected!
So this is it, our release into Steam Early Access. Feel free to buy the game and support the development!
Steam version 0.5.1 will also have extra content and more bug fixes.
New version is out!
- New tutorial – at game start player now can choose an optional tutorial mission in a Solar system
- New quests: Heritage and Quarantine
- Modding support. Currently modding documentation is available only in russain at http://ru.aurora-roguelike.wikia.com/wiki/Быстрый_старт_по_созданию_модов
- Humanity upgrades – now player can distribute points received for research between 3 branches of humanity development. These branches unlock new ship upgrades, humanity expands into outer space, major changes of life on Earth and much more.
Windows installer (you should better uninstall old version manually if you have it, as installer sometimes fails to perform correct update):
Cross-platform zip version (requires java):
Please report bugs at